Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency- Warning Signs
The adults and children in the US were vitamin D deficient. That’s a pretty high number. So for that reason alone, you must look for signs of vitamin D deficiency. Here are signs that you may be vitamin D deficient:
Darker Skin- Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency:
Many people don’t know that people who have dark skin are more at risk of developing a vitamin D deficiency.
You Have the Blues:
- One of the signs of vitamin D deficiency is having a low mood. Changing levels of Vitamin D in the brain can affect serotonin levels, affecting a person’s mood.
- Many different psychological changes can happen as a result of vitamin D deficiency.
- Scientists state that the main symptoms associated with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) are a result of changing levels of vitamin D.
- Seasonal affective disorder is a mood disorder that results in symptoms of depression during the winter months when there is less sunshine.
You’re at least 50:
- As seniors age, their ability to synthesize vitamin D from direct sunlight is reduced.
- In addition to his, vitamin D is activated in the body’s kidney. And this is a function that decreases as a person ages.
- Seniors are also less likely to exercise and live active lifestyles as they age. They also tend to stay inside more.
- The average amount of Vitamin D intake that a person should get until the age of 50 is 200 international units (IU) for men and women.
Related Articles:5 Ways To Naturally Boost Immunity
Helthwell: To maintain good health keep sure you make a healthy approach regarding physical, mental, and your own well-being.